Thursday, June 26, 2014

Being Made Whole

1 Thes. 5:23
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is a very powerful verse for those that believe in Jesus. God sanctifying us completely is a wonderful thing. When we are born again our spirit man is regenerated. It is renewed and we are tied to Christ. Our soul which is made up of our Mind, Will and Emotions is being sanctified as we submit to God. In the body of Christ we need a greater understanding when it comes to this.
1. Mind: I need to renew my mind. I so that by not only reading the Word of God (The Bible) but by activating it in my life and doing what it says. I become a doer of the Word as my mind is transformed through my study of the Word. It doesn't matter how much you read, if you don't do it there is no transformation.
2. Will: Everyday we have to make decisions. When my decisions start lining up with God's way of doing things I am more on track than ever. People want the power of God to move in their lives and this is a key to seeing it happen. I decide how I will act and respond to those around me and if my will is surrendered to God I will draw people to the Lord because that is His will.
3. Emotions: Every time we act in negative emotions as a response to how people treat us we give them power over us. I don't want anyone to have that power over me. I want to move in positive emotions and not let anyone but God have control over my emotions. If we would submit our emotions to the Spirit we will find ourselves in a much more peaceful state of being on a regular basis.
I found a study on 263 emotions. We are emotional people. If we can renew our mind and let our decisions line up with God's will our emotions will be submitted to the Holy Spirit and we will live a more Godly life.
Scripture makes the statement; Choose this day whom you will serve.
It is up to us and happiness is just a state of being submitted to God in all things. It brings an everlasting joy.

God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment